Your Data: Key Summary
- La Perle acts as the data controller. That means we are responsible for all of the information you share with us when enquiring on our site.
- We never sell your data to third parties, and only collect as much as we need to improve your experience, communicate with you, or assist in your inquiry.
- We make every effort to protect your information and will not store it for longer than we need to.
- You are in control of any marketing messages we send you. You will always be able to opt-out, and we will periodically check that you still want to hear from us. These marketing messages are treated separately from other emails we have to send you, such as marketing material, proposals, quotations, contracts or customer service messages, events.
How we use your data
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Username and password – If we collect a username and password, this is so we can keep your information secure and so that we can have your information to hand each time you visit us.
- Name, address, and postcode – Without this, we won’t know where to send a response to your inquiry or quotation or contract, etc If you have location services enabled on your smart device we may also use this to find your office location or where the inquiry came from.
- Email address – We send responses to questions, inquiries, contracts via email and will send you informational messages as well as offers that may interest you.
- Telephone numbers – If there are any problems with speaking to you via email, or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
- Information that you provide by registering on our website (www.laperle.com)
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Your personal details, including name, email address and contact addresses and numbers
- We use these to get in touch with you via email or phone to reply to your query, respond back to a form submission you have done on the site, for fraud prevention and detection, to personalize your web experience, and for customer services purposes. After an inquiry with us, we may also perform market research in the form of a feedback questionnaire.
- With your permission, we may also use this information to keep you up to date about our new products and services, or in other marketing messages. If you wish to stop receiving marketing messages, you can either unsubscribe using the link in every marketing email we send or contact our customer support team.
Your payment details
We keep a record of the billing address you supply to us as part of our fraud prevention work and for future customer service inquiries, such as ensuring invoices are sent to the correct person/department. If you have paid through a third-party payment provider like PayPal, we will keep a record of your email address and the payment reference. Other payment mechanisms include direct transfer to our bank or by cheque, each of which is recorded in our account by the banking authority, For payments with a credit or debit card, we only store the last four digits of your card for fraud and customer service reasons. Because we use a third-party provider e.g. GooglePay (for online advertising) to process our payments, our system never actually even has access to your other card details. This is in line with PCI regulations and means your credit card security is preserved at all times.
Your contact history
If you contact our customer services team or our business development team by email or by phone, they may keep a record of this. This is useful for us to personalize the experience with you (so you don’t have to tell us the same things time and time again), to improve your experience, and to carry out staff training so that you can get the best possible service. We may also anonymize and aggregate information and use it to see patterns in our services so that we can improve.
Your purchase history
This is important for us to provide good customer support and look after you in the event of any customer service inquiries. We may also use this to personalize your web experience and the emails we send you, and may also anonymize and aggregate the data to find out what products and services you and people like you might like. This helps us to improve our site and deliver a better experience for you.
Information about your device and how you use our site
La Perle retain all customer information for 6 years after they last interacted with us. Where there has been a period of 6 years and there has been no interaction between the organization and the Client, their information is erased and securely disposed of.
Your data; your rights
As responsible marketers, we want to keep you informed about how we use your information. You have a right to know this, and you should also be able to ask any marketer to detail it. In line with GDPR guidelines, you have a right to request details about the data we have on you, the right to request we correct any inaccurate personal information, the right to no longer receive direct marketing messages and the right to have some or all of your data forgotten or deleted.
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request to La Perle's Data Protection Officer in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you. We welcome these requests and aim to respond within 72 working hours of receipt. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Web browser cookies
What types of cookies we may use on our site?
Necessary: cookies required for access to the Site and core functionality.
Behavior and analytics: cookies used to gather behavioral information through the Site; provide customized content and recommendations; and analytics.
Marketing: cookies that are used to deliver relevant advertising.
Why are we collecting data?
La Perle Dubai may collect and use user’s personal information for the following purposes and nothing else:
To improve customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalise user experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site - We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To send periodic emails - We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
La Perle Dubai
Al Habtoor City - 260 Sheikh Zayed Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Data Controller: email@example.com